SUMMERCAKE & PESTO SNAILS
What could be better than enjoying a selection of tasty treats under the open sky? Whether with family, friends or just the two of you, you don't need much for a picnic in nature.
Our recipe ideas for this week are quick to prepare and a highlight of any picnic buffet. In our beautiful GreenGate porcelain storage boxes, the dishes also look beautiful when you're on the go.
SUMMERCAKE WITH STRAWBERRIES AND APRICOTS
(for 1 tray)
- 6 eggs
- 100 g raw cane sugar
- 1/3 tsp bourbon vanilla
- 1 organic lemon, zest
- 100 ml mild olive oil
- 100 ml of water
- 220 g spelled flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh apricots
1. Using a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar, lemon zest and vanilla until creamy.
2. Slowly add the olive oil with the water and stir in with the whisk.
3. Mix the flour with baking powder and salt and fold in with the whisk.
4. Cover a tray with baking paper and spread the cake mixture on it.
5. Halve the strawberries and cut the apricots into pieces. Scatter the fruit over the cake.
6. Bake in the oven at 180°C for approx. 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool down.
BASIL PESTO SNAILS
(for 15 snails)
For the dough:
- 650-700 g spelled flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon raw cane sugar
- 500ml buttermilk
- 50 ml olive oil
For the pesto:
- 1 large bunch of basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 80g Parmesan
- 120 ml olive oil
- 20-30 ml of water
- 50 g cashew nuts
- Salt, pepper from the mill
1. Put all the ingredients for the dough in a large mixing bowl and knead with the dough hook of the food processor for 5 minutes to form a smooth dough. Place the dough on a floured work surface and knead again with your hands using a little flour if necessary. Shape into a ball and cover with a towel.
2. Let the dough rise for 45 minutes.
3. For the pesto, put all the ingredients in a blender and mix to a creamy and aromatic pesto.
4. Roll out the dough on a well-floured work surface into a rectangle (about 50 x 30 cm) and spread with the pesto. Roll up the dough lengthwise and cut the roll into 15 pieces.
5. Brush the wells of a muffin tin or oven dish of your choice with a little olive oil. Put the dough rolls in the molds with the cut side up. Cover and let rise again for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C hot air. Bake the pesto snails in the oven for about 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Let cool down.